What is the partnerships Team?
Our Partnerships Team works to connect schools and businesses around the world to local Honduran schools, students and communities.
With schools, we give students a unique experience in learning about issues that exist in today’s world and what they can do as global citizens to make real, sustainable change in a way that is grassroots and community-focused.
With businesses,we create opportunities for businesses large and small to connect directly with the rural communities we work with and support projects as part of their CSR strategy.
The role of an Partnerships Coordinator
The Partnerships teams is one of our newest – but one where we believe there is enormous potential! Our current partnerships have brought so much to the organisation, and in this role you will be connecting with new potential partners to help take our work to the next level.
With businesses, we offer packages where businesses can invest in specific projects as part of their CSR strategy, and in return they receive various benefits for their staff (e.g. guest speakers, merchandise, and marketing materials). With schools, we offer tailored workshops for students and support student groups in getting engaged in global citizenship activities – including engaging with and fundraising for our communities in Honduras.
The main tasks will include:
- Reaching out to partners who could be a good fit, such as businesses with a strong interest in supporting the SDGs and schools with an interest in Service Learning initiatives.
- Building meaningful relationships with potential partners, including setting up and conducting meetings, sharing educate.‘s work, and finding a goal that meets the needs of both educate.’s commiunities and the partner organisation.
- Creating partnership agreements with partners that outline the goals of the partnership.
- Leading the full course of the partnerships that are set up with schools and businesses from start to finish.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with initiative, persistence and passion to help grow educate.‘s partnerships.
- A strong understanding of the themes surrounding educate.‘s work, and an affinity with educate.’s mission and philosophy of development.
- Proactive in reaching out to potential partners
- A “people person” who is comfortable talking to all kinds of people – school teachers, business people and students alike.
- Organised – you will have to keep track of multiple partnerships and communications channels.
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
- English fluency, Dutch and other languages are a bonus!
What do you get out of it?
For all new members of the Amsterdam team, training as well as ongoing mentorship are provided. We are a close-knit team and support is always there!
This is an opportunity to work as part of a passionate team, to gain first-hand experience in partnership management and non-profit work, and for your work to have a real, tangible impact.
Our team, members commit 5-8 hours per week on average. Most hours are flexible, plus weekly meetings on Thursday evenings.
Minimum 6-month minimum commitment.
How to apply:
If the above sounds like something you are looking for, send us your CV and a motivation letter describing why you are interested in joining the educate. team and what makes you a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20th.