What is the Communications Team?
The Communications Team is based in Amsterdam. We oversee all of educate.’s external communications, including our branding, social media, newsletters, blog, and other media relationships. We aim to spread the philosophy and mission of educate. and to widen our community through engaging content and stories.
The role of a Graphic designer
In the role of Graphic Designer you will help develop educate.’s visual brand and you will create all kinds of creative content to share educate.‘s work. Think everything from social media posts to flyers, and annual reports to team merchandise.
As a graphic designer, your main goal is to inspire our audience and communicate our message. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. We are looking for someone with a creative flair and a strong ability to translate ideas into design.
In our communications team, opportunities also exist to get involve in different areas, if you are interested in doing so. Are you keen to develop your article writing skills, or to practice your photography or video editing? We are a small and flexible team, so these kinds of things are always possible!
The main tasks will include:
- Further develop educate.’s brand and help create a brand guide for the team to use.
- Produce engaging, creative content for social media posts together with our social media manager.
- Develop branded templates for powerpoint and reports so educate.‘s brand can remain consistent across all our visual materials.
- Create visuals for our fundraising events, such as Facebook event headers and posters.
- Collaborating with other educate. teams on communications projects.
What are we looking for?
- Some proven graphic design experience – we’d love to see some examples of your work!
- An affinity with International development work, educate.‘s mission, and our philosophy of development
- Creativity and the ability to conceptualise engaging visuals
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details
- Fluent in English (Spanish is an added bonus!)
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Self-motivated and passionate!
What do you get out of it?
For all new members of the Amsterdam team, training as well as ongoing mentorship is provided. We are a close-knit team and support is always there!
This is an opportunity to work as part of a passionate team, to gain first-hand experience in a graphic design position, and for your work to have a real, tangible impact.
Our team, members commit 5-8 hours per week on average. Most hours are flexible, plus weekly meetings on Thursday evenings.
Minimum 6-month commitment.
How to apply:
If the above sounds like something you are looking for, send us your CV, some examples of your graphic design work, and a motivation letter describing why you are interested in joining the educate. team and what makes you a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20th.