What is the Events Team?
The Events team is based in Amsterdam, where our goals are threefold:
- First and foremost, we raise funds through events! 100% of these funds go directly towards our work in Honduras.
- We raise awareness: about the issues affecting Honduras, about our work, and about the global themes that our work tackles.
- Last but not least, we create opportunities for the educate. community and others to come together for fun and educational events.
The role of an Event Coordinator
In the role of an Events team member, you will help to organise fundraising events from start to finish along with 2-4 other dedicated team members. Imn the past these events have included documentary nights, Fun Runs, cooking workshops, Latin Parties and book readings – but we are always open to new ideas!
Pulling an event off from start to finish is an immensely rewarding experience, bringing in not only funds but also bringing a community of people together for a joint experience. At the same time, you’ll gain insight into the workings of a small-scale NGO and the role that events-based fundraising plays within our work.
The main tasks will include:
- Coming up with creative ideas for events and creating a plan to execute them.
- Building partnerships with event collaborators and partners.
- Being social media savvy: sharing events, creating content for marketing, and developing communication strategies to make sure we reach as many people as possible.
- Executing an event from start to finish.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with initiative, vision and drive to take our fundraising events to the next level! We are seeking someone who is
- Proactive in planning a fundraising event from start to finish
- Confident sourcing and negotiating with collaborators and partners.
- Has the ability to maintain a broad vision and coordinate all moving parts of an event
- Some experience in (or motivation to learn about) event marketing and promotion
- Excellent communicator
- Strong organisational skills
- Team player
- English fluency
What do you get out of it?
For all new members of the Amsterdam team, some training, as well as ongoing mentorship, is provided. We are a close-knit team and support is always there!
This is an opportunity to work as part of a passionate team, to gain first-hand experience in event organisation and non-profit work, and for your work to have a real, tangible impact.
Our team, members commit 5-8 hours per week on average. Most hours are flexible, plus weekly meetings on Thursday evenings.
Minimum 6-month minimum commitment.
How to apply:
If the above sounds like something you are looking for, send us your CV and a motivation letter describing why you are interested in joining the educate. events team and what makes you a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20th.