Our team and our operations have grown substantially over the past year. To manage this growth, we are looking for a Finance Operations Lead to help us implement robust financial systems, including for international payments, accounting, and annual financial reporting.
The right candidate should have clear systematic thinking and an interest in financial management. These will be essential to map out and implement the system changes needed to support financial management in an increasingly complex and growing organisation.
- Overall control and responsibility for all finance operations at educate.
- Support in the setup of our Dutch bank account along with payment systems and a payments calendar.
- Ensure monthly payments are made on time so that projects can progress according to timelines.
- Maintain key relationships and communication with the board and our fundraising and management teams.
- Provide financial analysis, advice, and implementation of strategy.
- Prepare annual accounts for submission.
- Monitor the working capital and cash-flow, plus other financial transactions for the organisation.
- Completing monthly and annual cash-flow forecasts.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Previous finance, accounting or business professional/academic experience.
- Experience in budgeting and strategic financial planning is a plus.
- Management and organizational skills.
- Excel and strong analytical skills.
- Committed to the aims and objectives of educate. as an organization.
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF IT?
We will provide onboarding and ongoing support and training as needed.
This is an opportunity to work as part of a passionate team and to use your skills for a cause that is generating real, tangible impact.
This is a voluntary, part-time position usually requiring between 2-5 hours per week.
Most hours are flexible, plus weekly meetings on Thursday evenings. Once a month we meet in person, and other meetings take place online
HOW TO APPLY
If the above sounds like something you are looking for, send us your CV and a cover letter describing why you are interested in joining the educate. team and what makes you a good fit for this position to email@example.com.